Electrical Service Upgrades

(831) 402-4193

Request Service

Electrical Service Upgrades

Do you ever face electrical problems in your home? Do your lights flicker on and off? Do your breakers trip? If so, then most likely you are in need of a service upgrade. There is only one type of electrical contractor you should hire when starting this project and we will give you a hint; it is not a handyman. By reading the next few paragraphs, you can learn how to save thousands of dollars on your upgrade.

Never Pay Twice and Never Worry About Losing Your Power!

When it comes to electrical problems involving your service upgrade, there is only one person cut out for the job, and that is a licensed electrical contractor like Switched Electric. Do not be fooled by the internet, handyman or even the do it yourself guy in the neighborhood just because they say they can do the job for less. They may show up to do the work and finish doing the work but guess what risk you are taking in the end? Your power WILL not be turned back on. Why? Because only a licensed electrical contractor can do the job. All jobs involving the Power Company and local building department must be accompanied by a permit and be inspected by and signed off by a licensed inspector and only then will the Power Company turn back on your power.

Electrical Emergencies? You can count on us!

The licensed electricians at Switched Electric is a state-licensed electrical contractor in the state of California. We will provide all of our customers with quality installations, 24/7 emergency service, and fast repairs. We will stop by and leave you with the peace of mind knowing that everyone is safe.

Electrical Service Upgrades! Do I need one?

What is an electrical service? This is where your home gets its power from the utility department. Every single home and business has them. Depending on a couple of different factors such as where you are located, the age of your home and what the electrician installed will depend on what type of service you have.

Your home or business will have a meter which tells the utility department how much electricity you use every single month, some means of disconnect and service entry wiring. If there is no way to disconnect your power, you could run into some major issues! The disconnect is a way to shut off all electricity to your home or business in the event of an emergency or if there is ever an electrical problem. Also, your panels and service must be correctly grounded and bonded to make sure if a fault was ever to occur that it will go straight into the earth. Proper grounding and bonding save lives.

What size service do I have in my house?

How is an electrical service determined? By how many amps the overcurrent protection and wiring are rated for. Other names commonly used for overcurrent protection is main fuse disco or main breaker, these devices protect the electrical components that make up your home. Where do I find out how many amps my meter and panels are rated for? You should be able to view this on the panels themselves, but if your panels are old, then you may not be able to read them. When this is the case, you will need to call a licensed electrical contractor. Once he arrives, he will be able to open the electrical service and panels to determine what size service you have. While an electrician from Switched Electric is there, he will be able to give you a complete evaluation of your electrical system. This is good because many times we have seen incorrect wiring methods with the associated means of disconnect. This is an extreme fire hazard.

What is size service required on my house?

The NEC or National Electric Code requires a minimum of a 100 amp electrical service, but it should be noted that most insurance companies require a 150 or 200 amp service to get insured.

If you have been notified by the city, utility department or your insurance agency, that you need new electrical service, you may wonder what you should do.

If you have just received a notification, or you know that it is time to get an upgrade give Switched Electric at (831) 402-4193 a call. We will be happy to examine your electrical service and give you the exact price all the way down to the penny on how much your new electrical service will cost you. We will also supply you with several options to choose from.

Switched Electric will also be responsible for getting all paperwork and obtaining all permits that are needed to get the job done, the right way. We will coordinate with your utility company to get your power back on in no time flat. Plus you will even have the option for us to install a temporary generator on site, so you can still have some power on in your home.

We take the stress away!

When it comes to upgrading your service and panels, it can be a complex and stressful process. If you call Switched Electric, we guarantee that upgrading your new service will be done in no time flat and we will even take care of everything. We offer unparalleled guarantees on your main electric service!

Call Switched Electric at (831) 402-4193 today, and we will rescue you from your electrical problems in no time flat! You can also use our online request form.



Contact Us

Please call Switched Electric at (831) 402-4193 or fill out the form below for a service request.

* indicates required field.

What our customers are saying

Switched Electric is the greatest. Seth is skilled, professional, and friendly. He shows up when he says he will and he finishes when promised. His quoted prices are reasonable, and he makes useful suggestions to enhance the job and to save you money. I've worked with lots of contractors, and he's the best.

Linda G.
San Francisco, CA

Overall I was very pleased with Switched Electric's work. I originally had them out for the security light, and then based upon that job brought them out for future jobs. Each job was completed as scheduled and with high quality workmanship. Work site was also completely cleaned when done. And time has passed since job completion—and all is working well.

David M.
San Jose, CA

Cities We Serve

Switched Electric services the Monterey area including, but not limited to, the following cities:

Carmel • Marina • Salinas • Seaside • Pacific Grove • Pebble Beach

Connect With Switched Electric

Contact Information

(831) 402-4193 • 798 Lighthouse Ave #320 • Monterey, CA 95940 • Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm